So, you think you have to travel out-of-state to run a Spring Marathon? Not anymore, two new Spring Marathons will make their debut in 2017:
- Marathon will start at 7:30 a.m.
- Half Marathon will start at 8:00 a.m.
- 5k will follow at 8:15 am
All races will share the same beautiful seaside start in the City-By-The-Sea.
The marathon course is USATF certified and is a Boston Marathon Qualifier.
The organizers ask that you protect our native environment – STAY OFF THE DUNES, use trash receptacles, and recycle as much as possible.
The Marathon, ½ Marathon and 4 Miler wind their way through the quiet beaches of Misquamicut and Weekapaug. You will enjoy incredible views while running on a flat course.
The races are USATF Certified
- Marathon – 7:00am
- Half Marathon Racers that require more than 3 hours – 7:30am
- Kids Fun Run – 8:00am
- 1/2 Marathon and 4 miler 8:15am
Both races offer an opportunity to share Rhode Island’s natural beauty while you run your Spring marathon in-state, and what a great attraction for the out-of-state marathoner to visit the Ocean State!
Now, how cool is that?
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- A Podcast: Dave Schaad’s Quest To Run 1,000 Races - September 1, 2017
- The Finer Points of Dry Needling - August 9, 2017
- Wanna Race For Free Every Wednesday? URI Run for Fun - May 30, 2017