Runners should always start the New Year off by lacing up the shoes, pinning on a number and racing! Seriously, what else is there to do on New Years Day?
Historically, in Rhode Island there was one race and only only race to do on New Years day and that was ‘The Hangover Classic‘, a 5 mile race around Colt State Park with some seriously cool awards. January 1st 2017 will witness the 31st edition of this race with Rhode Races and Events taking over the race management of this classic Rhode Island Race for the first time.
In addition, to The Hangover Classic we now have two new races to consider:
- Buttonwoods 5K, in its second year, a picturesque race around the path in Warwick City Park. This an ideal race for those who would like to to remain in the West Bay after partying on NYE.
- Chilly Willy 1/2 marathon, 10K and 5K, for those who would like to race a little longer on New Years Day, this is the race for you!
So, we have one race on the East Bay, one on the West Bay and one slightly further afield in Seekonk.
Where are you going to race on News Years Day?
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- Petition To Overturn The Decision To Stop Kids From Running In Goddard Park…Please Sign! - September 27, 2017
- A Podcast: Dave Schaad’s Quest To Run 1,000 Races - September 1, 2017
- The Finer Points of Dry Needling - August 9, 2017