As the Narragansett Running Association (NRA) prepares for the Gansett Half Marathon’s 2017 edition, the very important business of distributing the monies raised for local clubs and associations and the allocation of 4 scholarships, by the 2016 race has begun.
The following organizations will receive donations from the 2016 Gansett ½ Marathon:
- Narragansett Summer Youth Track Series
- Narragansett High School Track & Field Teams
- Exeter-West Greenwich Youth Track Series
- East Greenwich Youth Track Series
- Rhody Flyers Track Club
- High School Cross Country
Scholarships will be awarded to 4 high school students – two from Narragansett High School and two from South Kingstown High School.
“We are thrilled, due to the success of the 2016 Half Marathon, to be able to donate to many local running organizations and initiatives – just another reason that organizing this race is so rewarding, and makes all the hard work, by so many people, so worthwhile. Thank you to all for running with us, and helping to support so many great causes!” said Michelle San Antionio, club president.
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- Petition To Overturn The Decision To Stop Kids From Running In Goddard Park…Please Sign! - September 27, 2017
- A Podcast: Dave Schaad’s Quest To Run 1,000 Races - September 1, 2017
- The Finer Points of Dry Needling - August 9, 2017