This Sunday, 4/30/17, Foolproof Brewing Company, located at 241 Grotto Ave, Pawtucket, will host their 4th Beer Mile. The fun kicks off at 12pm
Beer Mile World Record
The current world record is 4 mins, 34 seconds. Yep, that is correct, 4 beers and 4 consecutive 1/4 miles – without vomiting – in 4:34! You can watch it in the video below:
What Is A Beer Mile?
A beer mile is a drinking race combining running and speed drinking. Typically, the race takes place on a standard 400-meter or 1/4-mile running track, or equivalent. The race begins at the 1-mile starting line with the consumption of a 12-ounce (355 ml) beer, followed by a full lap around the track. The second lap continues in a similar manner; another 12-ounce beer is consumed before commencing the running of the second lap. This process is repeated for the next two laps. Following the completion of the fourth running lap (and four beers), a competitor has finished the race.
Beer Mile Rules
12 US ounces of beer is consumed from a can or bottle before every lap. Since the advent of the Internet, the rules of the beer mile have become more standardized, particularly in the United States and Canada.The standard rules published by BeerMile.com are based on the most common rules used in North America.
- Beer must be at least 5% ABV and be brewed from malt and flavored with hops. This excludes alcoholic beverages such as hard ciders and lemonades.
- There is to be no tampering with cans. Shotgunning by puncturing holes in a can, or using straws to aid in the speed of pouring, is prohibited.
- Each beer may not be opened until a competitor enters the transition zone for each lap.
- Any competitor who vomits before the finish must complete one penalty lap following the fourth lap. This does not require drinking an additional beer.
Official Beer Mile Website With Records
Additionally, you can add your own beer mile if it meets the official rules.
Check out Scott Mason’s photo gallery to see all of the fun and games View Photos
So, you think you have what it takes? You can sign-up here:
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- Petition To Overturn The Decision To Stop Kids From Running In Goddard Park…Please Sign! - September 27, 2017
- A Podcast: Dave Schaad’s Quest To Run 1,000 Races - September 1, 2017
- The Finer Points of Dry Needling - August 9, 2017