Race Rhode Island was created by me, George Ross, the guy in the kayak during the Save the Bay swim (spotting for Lisa Garzilli), a life-long runner and recent convert to Triathlon.
While searching for a race recently, I noticed how hard it had become to find a race because there were now multiple race websites and most of them were incomplete. Further more many of the existing directories were not mobile compliant and in the generation of smart phones, I saw that as a must!
My interest, as is all that I know in my sports, is in races located in and around Rhode Island. Armed with this information, I created the following requirements specification for Race Rhode Island:
- focus only on Rhode Island and nearby Connecticut and Massachusetts (Rhode Island to the I395 and I495 corridors)
- be a multi-sport directory – run, bike, swim, kayak, SUP, obstacles races and any mass participation race – all the stuff that my friends and I are interested in.
- organize by sport – one click to find your sport
- offer free-text search (if you are looking for a race in Newport – type ‘Newport’)
- have the ability to add events to your calendar
- have a map feature
- look awesome on a Smartphone
- make it easy for Race Directors to add their events
- have a ‘Featured Race’ function where for a small fee races can be highlighted and move to the top of the monthly listings
I hope you enjoy using Race Rhode Island. If you have any feedback, please feel free to contact me: Email George